An "Uplifting" Experience

Access to the homes of friends and loved ones is often challenging.Stairs and narrow doorways often hinder psrticipation at family gatherings.Thankfully though most of the time strong helpers are willing and available to surmount those obstacles as long as I use my much lighter manual wheelchair. (My motorized wheelchair weighs in excess of 300 pounds without me in it! So it is virtually impossible to get it up steps.)

One of my dear friends just made life much easier for me, and also for the backs of those strong guys who on so many occassions carried me up the steps so I could participate in holiday celebrations and other special events. She had a lift installed. This equipment will allow me to enter her home even if muscle bound fellows are not present. And I will be able to do so in the comfort of my power wheelchair.

Soon after the lift was ready we were planning my test run  Another friend who is a neighbor and I were joking about what an "uplifting" experience it will be for me to ride that lift. I enjoy the pun. However, it is not merely a play on words. It is an absolutely heart warming truth. The kind and considerate gesture my friend made not only will raise me to the level for entrance to her home, it is uplifting to my heart as well. 

Generosity and acts of good will raise our spirits. I am grateful to my friend that she was willing to incur the cost and difficulties to put that that lift on her property. How encouraging to feel so welcome. It is certainly a privilege to be raised up on that equipment and so touching that it was provided.

I am reminded too that the greatest blessing of all is to be "raised by God's power". Those who have been redeemed have the hope of this precious promise:

1 Corinthians 6:14 (New American Standard Bible)

14Now God has not only raised the Lord, but will also raise us up through His power.

Here is a link an encouraging song about how God raises us up: The ultimate uplifting experience.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGK5ZYjZ6oY

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Tanner!

Tanner the Star

Ambassador