Lovingly Watching

Isaiah 42:6 (New American Standard Bible)
6"I am the LORD, I have called You in righteousness,
I will also hold You by the hand and watch over You,
And I will appoint You as a covenant to the people,
As a light to the nations,

When we love someone, sometimes we just enjoy watching them. Our pleasure in gazing upon an endeared one is not necessarily because they are doing anything extraordinary or because they are stunningly attractive. We often watch simply because we love them.

This morning I sat still for a while just looking at Tanner. He wasn’t doing any service dog work or any special trick. He was sleeping. While Tanner is indeed a very handsome canine, my joy in seeing him is because I am so grateful to have him as part of my life.

As I watched Tanner snooze, an old hymn came to mind: His Eye is on the Sparrow … And I know He Watches Me. Here is a link to a video of this song by Selah http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOm2mMusqUw&feature=related

We can find great comfort in knowing that we have a kind loving Heavenly Father Who knows all about us,watches over us and takes care of us.

Matthew 10:29-30 (New American Standard Bible)
29"Are not two sparrows sold for a cent? And yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from your Father. 30"But the very hairs of your head are all numbered.

Matthew 7:7-11 (New American Standard Bible)

7"Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. 8"For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened. 9"Or what man is there among you who, when his son asks for a loaf, will give him a stone? 10"Or if he asks for a fish, he will not give him a snake, will he? 11"If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give what is good to those who ask Him!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Tanner!

Tanner the Star

Ambassador