Safety

“… Now I will arise," says the LORD; "I will set him in the safety for which he longs." Psalm 12:5 (NASB)

When you trust someone you feel safe.
I certainly have wonderful and trustworthy friends. The injuries I sustained in my accident yesterday necessitated that I have help to get up from the floor. Thankfully there are those I can call upon in times of need. Among my rescuers were two young men who have compassionate hearts as well as strong muscles. They came with not only the brawn to hoist me out of my predicament but also the kindness to lift me with gentleness. I wish I could report that in the midst of the challenge I was a stellar example of courage and cheerfulness. I wasn’t. As the youthful assistants got ready to get me to a more comfortable position, I surveyed the obstacles in the situation. The fractures were quite painful and I started to focus on the risk that movement might hurt me further. I voiced my distress. In order to reassure me, one of the guys confidently but kindly stated: “I’ve got you MaryBeth – Don’t worry.” I regret that I allowed anxiety to grip my heart. No additional harm came to me. Those young men did an excellent job. They deserved to be trusted.

We have a good God Who is absolutely trustworthy. Sadly, at times we permit life circumstances to cause us to fear. In tough times we may doubt our Heavenly Father’s integrity and power to take care of us. God’s love never fails. His love is perfect and casts away all fear.

Psalm 36:5-7 (New American Standard Bible)

5Your lovingkindness, O LORD, extends to the heavens,
Your faithfulness reaches to the skies.
6Your righteousness is like the mountains of God;
Your judgments are like a great deep
O LORD, You preserve man and beast.
7How precious is Your lovingkindness, O God!
And the children of men take refuge in the shadow of Your wings.

Comments

Anonymous said…
What a picture of God's heart. We are safely in His arms.

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Tanner!

Tanner the Star

Ambassador