Safety continued…

The eternal God is thy refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms…”
Deuteronomy 33:27

I continue to think about how important it is to trust and to feel safe.

Due to the discomfort from the fractures and the need to keep my leg elevated, I am spending a considerable amount of time in bed these days. Bridget my cat seems to be quite happy about that. She curls up next to me and purrs. It is as though she feels safe and comfortable. Such contentment is heartwarming.

As I reflect on how I was actually safe and in good hands, in spite of my momentary doubt, when the young men rescued me after my fall, I am reminded of how important it is to put my ultimate confidence in my Savior. I can be secure in Him.

There is an old hymn Safe in the Arms of Jesus. What a lovely precious reality.

Below is a link if you’d like to listen to the music and lyrics:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3646248017965248513&ei=KHbqStzyOZzcqgLJkZyiDg&q=safe+in+the+arms+of+jesus#

**My apologies that for some reason that is a mystery to me it seems the links cannot be activated by clicking on them. You may need to copy and paste it into your web address bar.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I find it comforting just reading these truths and real life experiences

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Tanner!

Tanner the Star

Ambassador