Getting unstuck, again... and again

After posting my very first blog entry, I felt a sense of victory because I had finally summoned the courage to move forward, to take a risk and try something new....to get "unstuck". It's a good thing to be released from things that hold us back. Staying "unstuck" is seems. though, can be a challenge. I'ts a rather interesting irony that the day following my conquest of the threshold preventing me from daring to use this forum for writing to express my self, I encountered situations in which I was literally STUCK!
Yesterday after coming in out of the rain, the towel I use to dry my beloved service dog Tanner (He's the handsome one in the photo on my blog page.), mysteriously became entangled in my front wheel. I was unaware that the towel had attached itself to the wheel, so I continued moving about my house oblivious to the tangled mess I was creating...untill ... I started to feel a bit stuck. When it became increasingly difficult to maneuver my wheelchair I was curious. However, since I was still unaware of the cause, I continued meandering around the house,while the towel became even more enmeshed in the wheel. Then it happened. I got stuck on my bedroom rug. By that time, it was far too late for me to untangle the towel that was very tightly twisted around the wheel. I needed help. Thankfully, a friend, a young man with a heart to serve was nearby and when I called he was willing and available to help. After some dilligent effort, I was released from being stuck.
Just as a threshold though a small thing could keep one stuck without determination and a little push, something that gets all twisted up inside of us may need to be pulled out with the aid of a dillegent and careful helper.
In addition to my episode with the tangled towel, I had one more lesson yesterday in the need for perseverence in order to remain unstuck. I was eager to forge ahead with my blog. So I approached my computer intending to make an entry. But alas, my mouse button was stuck. It was a huge disappointment. But once again a friend came through with the oomph I needed to not remain stuck. (I'm borrowing her computer, and a new mouse is on the way.)
It could be tempting to be discouraged and wonder if I'm doing the right thing by blogging, but ofttimes things that are worth doing encounter challenges and effort must be exerted to achieve the desired result.
I'm grateful to all of you who have offered support and the push I need to get unstuck. As I get over the threshold, I'll continue to share meaningful metaphors.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Tanner!

Tanner the Star

Ambassador