“Audience of One”.

Whatever may be your task, work at it heartily (from the soul), as [something done] for the Lord and not for men, Colossians 3:23 (Amplified Bible)

I am ashamed to admit it but I tend to crave approval. I deeply appreciate support and encouragement. Thank you to all of you who have offered words of kind affirmation concerning this blogging endeavor. It helps me to keep going especially in times of doubt.
I installed a visitor counter on my blog. I frequently check the statistics so I can know if anyone “out there” is actually reading what I’ve written. The truth is though I need to be willing to labor to please God and not seek attention and glory from other humans.

I suspect that it is my fear of unfavorable opinion (including my own negative self-appraisal), that causes me to be reluctant to try my hand at new things. A dear friend gave to me a gift of a lovely art kit. This was an especially precious present because it had belonged to her darling daughter who has gone to heaven. I resisted accepting the beautiful set with materials for drawing and painting because I possess absolutely zero artistic talent. Eventually, I was persuaded to receive the art kit. It now occupies space on a shelf in my home until I muster up the courage to use it.

I do wonder if I would feel more free to take risks if I had the mindset that I was doing all I do for an “Audience of One”. After all, pleasing God is what truly matters.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Tanner!

Tanner the Star

Ambassador