Change

It’s amazing how things can change in an instant. Today in a quick moment I fell out of my wheelchair and I broke my leg. The injury will alter my activity level for awhile and slow me down.

When I thought about how fast things happened today I was reminded of a few things. The verse that tells us about the speed at which Jesus will return and transfer us into His presence came to mind.

1 Corinthians 15:51-53 (New American Standard Bible)
51Behold, I tell you a mystery; we will not all sleep, but we will all be changed,
52in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet; for the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed.

When the trumpet blasts, in a moment, the time it takes to blink, we will be changed. That is a promise of instant transformation.

We tend to like instant things. Microwaves are necessary appliances in most households. Internet services are constantly being upgraded so connection speed will increase. Waiting is not usually our favorite thing.

Sometimes patience is required. My injury took place in a matter of seconds. The healing and recovery will take several weeks, if not months.
Time is needed not only to heal broken bones, but wounded hearts as well. I find comfort in this quote:
“Be patient with yourself. There are no shortcuts to hope and joy.
Growing fruit takes time.”

Yes, we have the hope of our ultimate transformation taking place in an instant. In the meantime however, we need patience for God to bring about needed changes.

Comments

Faith said…
Marybeth, I'm so sorry that happened to you!! I hope you feel better soon. Let me know if you need anything!

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Tanner!

Tanner the Star

Ambassador