Blessing of Butterflies



As part of her course work as she pursues a degree in elementary education, my friend is preparing a unit study on the topic of butterflies. Today she shared with me her plans for the lessons, and we discussed the resources she had gathered. I expect it will not only be informative for her future students but great fun as well. I told my aspiring teacher friend that I wish I could be there for the activities and instruction on these beautiful creatures.
I enjoy butterflies. There are so many colorful varieties. It’s pleasant to see them fly gently from flower to flower on warm sunny days. Not only am I in awe of butterflies because of their beauty and grace, I also marvel at how they develop. The process of metamorphosis is amazing. God transforms a caterpillar, a creature that can only slither, to a winged wonder that can take flight. The beginning of a butterfly bears no resemblance to what it ultimately becomes.
The wonderful transformation from caterpillar to butterfly gives me hope and reminds me that God has the power to change us. When we put our trust in Christ we are assured that we can be made a new creation. At times I feel so far from where I should be. The lesson of a caterpillar becoming a butterfly can inspire faith that God can transform.
Butterflies are lovely to behold and serve as a symbol of renewal and freedom – indeed a blessing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Tanner!

Tanner the Star

Ambassador