"Unfinished Symphony"

I neglected to post yesterday's entry from my Hope calendar. Here is that quote:

This life is not all. It is an "unfinished symphony"... with him who knows that he is related to God and has felt the power of an endless life.
- Henry Ward Beecher

The author of those words I believe wanted to remind us that we have hope beyond this life here on earth.

As I thought about this quote I was particularly struck with the phrase "unfinished symphony". A symphony is a collection of majestic music performed skillfully using a variety of instruments directed by a Master conductor. I am reminded that "...we are His workmanship..." We are the instruments of His hands. God who created us can cause our lives to make beautiful music to honor Him.

The precious promise that God will complete His work also came to mind:

Philippians 1:6

New American Standard Bible (NASB)
6 For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Tanner!

Tanner the Star

Ambassador