New Year New Resolve

It is common for us to make "resolutions" at the start of a new year. I have needed to implement some changes for quite some time  As 2013 begins I seem to have new resolve to have a quality life filled with purpose and meaning.
 Webster's online dictionary defines resolution as: "The state of being resolved, settled, or determined; firmness; steadiness; constancy; determination.That which is resolved or determined; a settled purpose; determination."
I need to be settled, determined, firm, steady and constant regarding my goals and the things I know I am supposed to be doing.
It can be helpful to ensure follow through on our intentions, if we are open about our need and enlist the support of others. A friend who hosts a Facebook page entitled Living Intentionally posted this comment: A blessed & happy New Year to all! If you, like me, have some dreams or goals for 2013, for getting in better shape, here's the encouragement: we'll all do better if we tell someone else what we intend to do, and find someone else (or a little group) to do it with. It will be a lot more fun, as well!
 Therefore, I will publicly acknowledge here the things I need to improve upon starting today:
  • Better Health and Weight Management - eat more healthfully, drink more water exercise
  • Learn Spanish - use rosetta Stone aas well as other resources and request help from fluent speakers
  • Read more
  • Search out strategies to more effectively help kids learn
  • study and practice writing skills especially for children
  • post regularly on my blog
Do you have any goals you want to share or tips you want to offer? Comments are definitely welcome!

At the close of 2012, I was sharing with dear friends that I sometimes wonder if I have accomplished anything of significance or if I have anything meaningful left to do. These kind and wise friends encouraged me that most assuredly I am not done with having a life of purpose and even if I accomplished nothing else, that which is of utmost value is knowing Christ

I wish you the best in 2013. Pursue your goals but above all encounter God.

Philippians 3:10-13

[For my determined purpose is] that I may know Him [that I may progressively become more deeply and intimately acquainted with Him, perceiving and recognizing and understanding the wonders of His Person more strongly and more clearly], and that I may in that same way come to know the power outflowing from His resurrection [[b]which it exerts over believers], and that I may so share His sufferings as to be continually transformed [in spirit into His likeness even] to His death, [in the hope]

11 That if possible I may attain to the [[c]spiritual and moral] resurrection [that lifts me] out from among the dead [even while in the body].

12 Not that I have now attained [this ideal], or have already been made perfect, but I press on to lay hold of (grasp) and make my own, that for which Christ Jesus (the Messiah) has laid hold of me and made me His own.

13 I do not consider, brethren, that I have captured and made it my own [yet]; but one thing I do [it is my one aspiration]: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead,

14 I press on toward the goal to win the [supreme and heavenly] prize to which God in Christ Jesus is calling us upward.

Comments

Anonymous said…
MaryBeth,
Thank you for sharing God's encouraging words and for articulating what most of us ponder - have we and are we making a difference? What matters is that we know God more and encounter Him.
grey-blue cat said…
Mary Beth - I can attest that you have accomplished a great deal, not the least of which is being a friend, mentor, teacher to many... I am proud to say you have been a part of my life and have contributed to the positive side of my ledger...
MaryBeth said…
Thank you for your kind words.

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Tanner!

Tanner the Star

Ambassador