All Things Do Work Together for Good

God always gives His best to those who leave the choice with him.
Author: Jim Elliot

I am thinking about my dear friend today. She and her husband are facing a huge disappointment. After many months of unemployment a very promising job prospect became available. Not only did this particular position seem tailor-made for this highly skilled architect with an MBA, it was in a location close to my friend's family. It seemed perfect. A good job that would sllow him to use his talents with a salary that would alleviate their financial burden and relieve the stress of my friend being the sole bread winner for her family, not to mention the much desired geographic proximity to loved ones. As you can imagine the anticipation was significant. However, any excitement was deflated as they learned that my friend's husband did not get that job. Understandably he is feeling really down and it is rough for their family right now.

The challenge in the midst of difficult circumstances is to genuinely believe that God in fact does have a good plan, and all things do indeed work together for good. That is not to say that every circumstancein itself is good, but that good can come from it. God does not intend for us to have calamity but cares about our ultimate welfare. I admit in the midst of struggle and heartache such words could seem to be glib expressions. I am not suggesting that it is wise to offer those who are hurting mere pious platitudes. I do know though from personal experience that good can come from difficult circumstances.

One excellent example of a very positive outcome resulting from a seemingly negative event is my relationship with the very friend abut whom I am writing. Approximately a year and a half ago, I broke my leg badly. A bad painful event with much tribulation to follow. I did not not know at the time something wonderful would unfold. As a result of the increased functional limitations caused by the fractures, I needed help figuring out how to accomplish basic activities of daily living. I needed an occupational therapist. That person assigned to me was this woman who became a special friend.
The first day we met in a professional capacity I liked her instantly. How grateful I am that quickly we formed a treasured friendship.
 
Other blessings came as a result of that injury too. They include getting to know a caring physical therapist whose friendship I also value, as well as the rekindling of a long lost frienship with a college pal. It was this friend's generous and ambitious fundraising project that enabled me to obtain the SureHands lift I use to get in and out of bed.
 
What about you? Do you have stories to share about something that turned out for good?
 
I am reminded of a song "Life is Hard but God is Good" Here's a link so you can listen:
 
Here are a couble of Bible promises to cling to:

Romans 8:28

Amplified Bible (AMP)
28 We are assured and know that [[a]God being a partner in their labor] all things work together and are [fitting into a plan] for good to and for those who love God and are called according to [His] design and purpose.
 

Jeremiah 29:11

Amplified Bible (AMP)
11 For I know the thoughts and plans that I have for you, says the Lord, thoughts and plans for welfare and peace and not for evil, to give you hope in your final outcome.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Tanner!

Tanner the Star

Ambassador