Elightened Eyes

Ephesians 1:18-19

New International Version (NIV)
18 I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in his holy people, 19 and his incomparably great power for us who believe

The Bible verse above is the today's entry on my Hope calendar.

The Apostle's prayer request for the people at Ephesus is God's desire and intention for all of us - that we would see clearly with our hearts the greatess of our hope because of His incomparable power.

When my eyeglasses are smudged my vision is impaired and I cannot see clearly to read or do other necessary activities well. When my heart is soiled by wrong thoughts or actions and doubt and unbelief, I am limited in accessig His grace and I am hindered in reaching for and accomplishing what I have been called to.

One of my favorite definitions of enlightened is "free from illusion". God wants us to truly know the reality of Who He is and all He can do.

May our hearts be clear and clean. There is so much to see!

Here is a music video with a prayer for the eyes of our hearts to be open: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wutmEjdbedE

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Tanner!

Tanner the Star

Ambassador