Awe and Joy

I woke up today with this phrase echoing in my mind: "Let us come, let us come, let us worship the Lamb..." I knew it was from a song, but couldn't recall any additional lyrics - so I needed to research. (That Google is terrific. I am so grateful I have access to it.) I learned it is a portion of a song by Jessa Anderson. I found this video with music and lyrics: http://www.onlylyrics.com/jessa-anderson-lyrics-1080971.php (You will need to scroll down on the web page to find the video.)

The basic premise or message of the song is that our Savior is infinitely glorious and words are inadequate to describe His splendor. The composer expressed it in this way:
But there is nothing i could say
I could sing
To give an adequate description
Of my glorious king
For you are
Indescribable and that's why we sing
Hallelujah to the great i am


I find it interesting that when we encounter someone or something that touches us beyond words often all we can utter is Aww.... and typically when we are in awe we are speechless.

The Apostle Peter describes believing in the One we love as "inexpressible joy".

1 Peter 1:8

Amplified Bible (AMP)
8 Without having seen Him, you love Him; though you do not [even] now see Him, you believe in Him and exult and thrill with inexpressible and glorious (triumphant, heavenly) joy.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Tanner!

Tanner the Star

Ambassador