Childlike Faith Trust and Confidence

Children frequently say charming things that can sometimes make us chuckle Often they remind us of what truly matters most.

Today I received a delightful package. It consisted of many sheets of colorful construction paper with children’s drawings, as well as thank you notes printed in pencil by the 2nd graders who Tanner and I visited to teach about service dogs. (To lean more read the post Tanner the Star http://hopeharbor.blogspot.com/2010/05/tanner-star.html ) In their notes the children thanked me for coming to their school and told me that they liked learning about service dogs. I smiled because several made a point of asking me to “Say Hi to Tanner”. It was heartwarming to read that those children wanted us to come again. They enjoyed the “Tanner Movie” that my friend produced showing Tanner working and playing. A common theme in those sweet letters was that the kids liked learning about the things Tanner can do (pick up dropped items, turn lights on and off, open and close doors…) and almost unanimously the children wrote that it is “really cool” that Tanner can take off my socks. One child’s note was particularly memorable. A statement was made that caught my attention. “Tanner is a great dog! I know this is true because my Dad is an expert on dogs.” This little child was certain of his ability to assess that Tanner is indeed an excellent canine because of his confidence in his father.

This second grader expressed great wisdom which prompted me to consider a precious truth. We can trust in our Heavenly Father. He knows all things. He can instruct and guide us What a comfort it is that we do not need to rely on our own limited understanding or lack of strength. We can depend on God’s absolute ability and integrity.

2 Timothy 1:12 (King James Version)
12For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.

Philippians 1:6 (New American Standard Bible)
6For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Tanner!

Tanner the Star

Ambassador