Whether the Weather is Good or Bad

When things are going well, it is usually not difficult to trust and maintain peace,

Yesterday was a gorgeous picture perfect day. Tonight meteorologists forecast that we might get some heavy rains. I hope not. A young couple from my church are getting married on Saturday. A lovely outdoor wedding is planned.

As I was thinking about that many people are praying for excellent weather for this special event I thought of another set of homonyms - weather and whether.

Weather often determines how easily things function and can even influence our mood or impact our health. Songs have been written about the effects of weather on our quality of life (e.g. Rainy Days and Mondays Always Get Me Down) and expressions in our language indicate this too (e.g. I'm feeling under the weather today).

It is important that we believe in God's goodness and love for us regardless of the circumstances we face. I recently remembered that Job who suffered tremendously, once proclaimed in the midst of his troubles:
Job 13:15 (New American Standard Bible)
15"Though He slay me,
I will hope in Him

God is worthy to be trusted because He has all wisdom. He can, as Romans 8:28 promises, cause all things to work together for good.

To be sure, I am asking God to grant a beautiful day for the sake of the bride and groom and all of their guests, but I must also not forget that whether the weather is good or bad, God is worthy of our praise.

Rain or shine continue to trust the Divine.

Here is a link to a great worship song Praise You in This Storm: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUWbmtbzDno

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Tanner!

Tanner the Star

Ambassador