Miraculous Mail

I wanted to share some good news. Those of you who read a previous post on my blog (My Life is in Your Hands) know that I lost my wallet. I am happy that you can rejoice with me because that which was lost has been found. Actually, it was delivered. Amazingly, an unexpected package was in my mailbox. Inside a bubble-wrap cushioned envelope addressed to me with no return address, was my wallet. All of its contents were intact except the cash and insurance cards which likely blew away in the storms which arose the day I lost it. Some kind person took the trouble to send my wallet back and apparently was not seeking recognition. I am very thankful. I wish there was some way to express my gratitude for the good deed of this thoughtful anonymous person. I am happy that I can share the joy with friends and neighbors and even blog readers.
This story of the lost and found wallet has reminded me of the parable in the Bible of the woman who had lost one of her valuable coins. She diligently searched for it, and when it was found it seems she may have had a party.

Matthew 15:8-9
8"Or what woman, if she has ten silver coins and loses one coin, does not light a lamp and sweep the house and search carefully until she finds it?
9"When she has found it, she calls together her friends and neighbors, saying, 'Rejoice with me, for I have found the coin which I had lost!'

Jesus explained that similarly there is great celebration when a precious soul who has been “lost” in their sin, finds their way back to God in repentance.

Matthew 15:10
10"In the same way, I tell you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents."

I am very appreciative of the efforts someone made to have my lost wallet delivered to me. I am mindful that I need to be willing to endeavor so that people who are lost may be “delivered” from the error of their ways. Reclaimed possessions are a blessing. Redeemed lives are indeed invaluable – A genuine reason for true everlasting joy!

Comments

Anonymous said…
wow how refreshing and what a blessing.... have you ever thot of contacting a local newspaper to have a weekly part in a newspaper, regarding yes "church" or religious corner etc??
Anonymous said…
this is Jean Harris again who posted the above.... we have a local paper actually a free little paper and they actually look hard for someone in the church community to write
Anonymous said…
Great news fromlb

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Tanner!

Tanner the Star

Ambassador