Source of Strength

I am very grateful that energy can be renewed. It is vital that strength and power can be replenished.

Today I once again had the privilege of getting some extra sleep because of the kindness of a friend who was willing to help take care of my dog and cat. Because I didn't have to get up to let Tanner outside and feed him and also Bridget, I could rest longer. When I was getting up this morning, thankful to feel a bit more refreshed, I took notice of the cord plugged into my wheelchair recharging its battery. As I viewed this insulated conductor infusing power into my wheelchair, I was prompted to ponder that restoration of energy is essential in order to sustain life.

It is not only equipment that needs a source of energy. Our bodies need food and water regularly jn order to survive. Sleep is also necessary for us to continue to function, Our spirits need to be kept alive as well. What is the source for our spiritual life?  Two lines from the chorus of a song sung by the Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir came to mind as I contemplated these things at the beginning of my day. I believe this worship song may be entitled Total Praise. It contains these lines that echoed repeatedly in my heart:

You are the source of my strength

You are the strength of my life

Below is a link to view a video of this song presented by the Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir. This singing group performs passionately for the glory of God with the thankfulness of those who have been redeemed. Feel free to click on the link and worship with these joyful men and women.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCsJyzm83W0&feature=related

God is indeed the Source of our strength and the Strength of our lives. How do we become "energized"? Faith in Him gives us life. I believe that worship, study of the Word of God, prayer, and fellowship with other believers are crucial for our spiritual well being and stability.

Let's remember to get connected with our Lord daily and stay "plugged in"!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Tanner!

Tanner the Star

Ambassador