This I Know...

When we love someone it is a delight to our hearts to know that they know how much they are loved. It's a cause for heartache when the one who is dear to us doubts that we care.

I have many cherished friends. I hope they know how much I value them.

 I hope using my relationship with my dog as an example doesn't seem too trite, but I believe my fondness for Tanner may illustrate my point. Thoae who know me are aware of the fact that I have great affection for my canine companion. (Even those of you I have never met, if you have been a reader of my blog, you probably have surmised that I am happy to have Tanner in my life.)

My wonderful dog is endeared to me not because he is so very handsome, though indeed he is. I love him not simply for the tasks he performs or because he behaves flawlessly (Tanner's conduct is not perfect.) My tender feelings for this loveable puppy are stirred partly because he is so winsome, but mostly because he is mine I've been told that it seems we were meant to be together. Sometimes as I gratefully observe Tanner doing his job helping me with daily tasks, and often when I am simply enjoying his delightful temperament my heart swells with emotion. I have a longing that Tanner could truly know how much I care for him. I wish I had the capacity for canine communication to convey in a way Tanner can comprehend hoe very much he is loved.

Despite our inadequacy to grasp His truth, God has a desire for us to know His deep everlasting love. God did everything essential for revealing His love.

God's has an earnest desire for us to grasp and truly know His love.

Ephesians 3:16-19 (New American Standard Bible)

16that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with power through His Spirit in the inner man,
17so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; and that you, being rooted and grounded in love,
18may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth,
19and to know the love of Christ which surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled up to all the fullness of God.

As I pondered the importance of experiencing God's love I was reminded of the well known children's song Jesus Loves Me/ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DYDvyBKZJA

May we be fully persuaded so we may confidently say Jesus Loves Me... This I KNOW!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Tanner!

Tanner the Star

Ambassador