New Mercy

Lamentations 3:22-24 (New American Standard Bible)
22The LORD'S lovingkindnesses indeed never cease,
For His compassions never fail.
23They are new every morning;
Great is Your faithfulness.
24"The LORD is my portion," says my soul,
"Therefore I have hope in Him."

I am so grateful that our good Heavenly Father is a God of second chances. In fact, His mercy and faithfulness is so great that each day offers the hope of a new start.

My teenage nephew endured a traumatic experience this week. He and three friends were in a terrible automobile accident. Sadly, the youthful driver was thrown from the vehicle and died. The two other passengers sustained minor injuries. Amazingly my brother’s son was unharmed.

When I heard the story of this horrible incident, I had a range of emotions. I felt sorrow for the loved ones of the young man who was tragically killed. I also had gratitude in my heart that my nephew remarkably survived without being hurt. In addition, I was impressed by my nephew’s reaction to the situation and touched by his father’s response. Immediately following the impact, my nephew resisted the impulse to panic and focus on his own well-being. Instead he searched until he found his buddy. He checked the pulse of his fatally injured pal and knew the situation was grave. I am proud of his mature actions and attitude.

His dad, my brother, also had a heartwarming response. When he heard the news, he rushed to the scene to be with his son. On the way home, they engaged in a conversation about the significance and value of life. My brother told his son that there must be a reason that he survived. This could be an opportunity for a new beginning – a chance to live a life filled with purpose.

God does indeed have a good plan for my nephew. He has grand intentions for each of us.  May we passionately pursue our destinies.

We are given many wonderful promises including this precious passage that reveals the heart of God:

Jeremiah 29:11-13 Amplified Bible
For I know the thoughts and plans that I have for you, says the Lord, thoughts and plans for welfare and peace and not for evil, to give you hope in your final outcome.
12Then you will call upon Me, and you will come and pray to Me, and I will hear and heed you.
13Then you will seek Me, inquire for, and require Me [as a vital necessity] and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart

Here is a link to a video of a worship song about God’s mercy: Steadfast Love of the Lord http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tsf3CM2Cxas&feature=related

 Since every life is significant, regardless of the number of years lived, I felt it may also be appropriate to share this video of This is Your Time a song inspired by the faith and courage of a girl martyred at Columbine High School. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1JG3uSKKwM&feature=related

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Tanner!

Tanner the Star

Ambassador