Unconditional Love



Tanner helps me remember about God’s love.
Especially now that he’s aging, my beloved service dog does not always respond or obey immediately. He has this tendency to want to be right in the area where he’s in the way when doing activities of daily living. While his desire to be close can be endearing, it can also be quite inconvenient at times. Tanner’s legs are getting weaker and it’s harder for him to get up and down so he’s reluctant to move even when he’s blocking the path where I need to go. Sometimes maneuvering around him is challenging. This morning after some time of struggling to maneuver around him in a small space I looked at him and my heart overflowed with love for him. I felt compassion for this elderly canine companion’s weakness. 

My love for Tanner despite his difficulty cooperating, reminded me that God loves us unconditionally not based on our performance.

Loved with an everlasting love

Beautiful by MercyMe
Jeremiah 31:3
The Lord appeared to him from afar, saying,
“I have loved you with an everlasting love;
Therefore I have drawn you with lovingkindness.

Psalm 103:13 (NIV)

1As a father has compassion on his children,
    so the Lord has compassion on those who fear him;


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Tanner!

Tanner the Star

Ambassador