Feet Feat

I mentioned in previous posts that I am intrigued by homonyms. I wrote about a few of these fascinating words which sound the same but have different meanings. I thought of another set of homonyms – feet and feat.
Interestingly, the Bible has quite a bit to say about feet.

Those who proclaim good news and acknowledge God are said to have “beautiful feet”.

Isaiah 52:7 (New American Standard Bible)

7How lovely on the mountains
Are the feet of him who brings good news,
Who announces peace
And brings good news of happiness,
Who announces salvation,
And says to Zion, "Your God reigns!"

Those who know God as their source of strength will have protection and stability as they walk through life in grace.

Habakkuk 3:19 (New American Standard Bible)
19The Lord GOD is my strength,
And He has made my feet like hinds' feet,
And makes me walk on my high places.

We are also instructed to take the Gospel with us wherever we go as faithful soldiers of Christ.

Ephesians 6:15
15and having shod YOUR FEET WITH THE PREPARATION OF THE GOSPEL OF PEACE

As we are walking with God, we will be called upon to perform noble feats of courage and endurance. God will grant the ability to accomplish any notable achievement.

Daniel 11:32 (King James Version)
… the people that do know their God shall be strong, and do exploits.

God often calls us to step out of our comfort zone and trust Him. As we obey and keep our eyes on Him rather than the circumstances, amazing things are possible.

I am reminded that at Jesus’ command, Peter walked on the water.

Matthew 14:27-29 (New American Standard Bible)
27But immediately Jesus spoke to them, saying, "Take courage, it is I; do not be afraid."
28Peter said to Him, "Lord, if it is You, command me to come to You on the water."
29And He said, "Come!" And Peter got out of the boat, and walked on the water and came toward Jesus.

God promises great success to those who are careful and diligent to obey, walking in the path that pleases Him.

Joshua 1:3-7 (New American Standard Bible)
Every place on which the sole of your foot treads, I have given it to you, just as I spoke to Moses.
4"From the wilderness and this Lebanon, even as far as the great river, the river Euphrates, all the land of the Hittites, and as far as the Great Sea toward the setting of the sun will be your territory.
5"No man will be able to stand before you all the days of your life Just as I have been with Moses, I will be with you; I will not fail you or forsake you.
6"Be strong and courageous, for you shall give this people possession of the land which I swore to their fathers to give them.
7"Only be strong and very courageous; be careful to do according to all the law which Moses My servant commanded you; do not turn from it to the right or to the left, so that you may have success wherever you go.
8"This book of the law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do according to all that is written in it; for then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have success.
9"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous! Do not tremble or be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Tanner!

Tanner the Star

Ambassador