Firm Foundation

Psalm 37:31 (New American Standard Bible)

The law of his God is in his heart;
His steps do not slip.

Stability and security are precious and should not be taken for granted.

Moving about safely in my cast has been a bit challenge. Transferring in and out of my wheelchair is particularly difficult. The surface under my feet matters. Today in a lapse of good judgment, I attempted a transfer on a tile floor. Despite the fact that my casted foot was covered in what is supposed to be a non-slip sock, I couldn’t get any traction. As I tried repeatedly to get myself back into my wheelchair, my injured leg slid painfully and precariously in the opposite direction of where I needed my body to be. I prayed for help and protection. I am happy to report that after much effort, I did get into my wheelchair unharmed.

My experience with the slippery floor reminded me of the importance of a firm foundation. If we do not base our life on what is solid, we will be insecure. When we know the truth about God, ourselves and what real life is, we can stand strong.

I am grateful that we have a Firm Foundation.

Below is a web address where you can listen to a version of the classic hymn
How Firm A Foundation

http://popup.lala.com/popup/360569483824264204

Psalm 89:13-15 (New American Standard Bible)

13You have a strong arm;
Your hand is mighty, Your right hand is exalted.
14Righteousness and justice are the foundation of Your throne;
Lovingkindness and truth go before You.
15How blessed are the people who know the joyful sound!
O LORD, they walk in the light of Your countenance.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Tanner!

Tanner the Star

Ambassador