Antidote for Anxiety

1 Peter 5:7 (Amplified Bible)
Casting the whole of your care [all your anxieties, all your worries, all your concerns, once and for all] on Him, for He cares for you affectionately and cares about you watchfully.

It is such a comfort to know, to really know that God cares, really cares.

Since I broke my leg (actually my foot), the cast has made things more challenging. It has been more difficult to do daily activities. Well, to be honest I could say that my transfers in and out of my wheelchair are somewhat painful and precarious. It seems almost comical to me but my ER discharge instructions actually included the statement: "Avoid further injury"! Hmmm.... I must admit some of my activities have been a bit dangerous.

Yesterday I was having some worries about being on my own to perform necessary tasks. God interrupted my anxious thoughts reminding me of the promise that I can cast all of my concerns on Him because He cares. It brings such a lovely peace to realize that our heavenly Father’s care is more than obligatory attention. He affectionately watches over us.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Tanner!

Tanner the Star

Ambassador