New Year Renewed Confidence

As 2011 begins, we have expectation to experience new adventures, we hope to gain new vision for all that God wants to accomplish and new determination to be committed to what is right and good.

The calendar has turned for us to start another year, and with the dawn of each day, we look forward to new beginnings. It can be refreshing to anticipate change. It can also be comforting to cling to the steadfast. We can find security in things that remain the same.

A colleague from MarketPlace Chaplains USA http://www.marketplacechaplains.com/sent an email to me today with a list of things of which we can be assured in 2011:
1. The Bible will still have all the answers.


2. Prayer will still be the most powerful thing on Earth.

3. The Holy Spirit will still move.

4. God will still honor the praises of His people.

5. There will still be God-anointed preaching.

6. There will still be singing of praise to God.

7. God will still pour out blessings upon His people.

8. There will still be room at the Cross.

9. Jesus will still love you.

10. Jesus will still save the lost when they come to Him.

Jeremiah 29:11-14 is a precious meaningful Bible passage for us to cling to.


"...For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. 14 I will be found by you,” declares the LORD, ..."

We can have great expectation for what will be new, and strong confidence in what will remain the same.

Comments

Riverboat said…
This is a good and strengthening list. I might post this up somewhere in my house.

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Tanner!

Tanner the Star

Ambassador