Hope Harder

Hope Harder. I think this just might become one of my new favorite sayings.

Recently I attended a writer's group meeting held at a local library.  I felt like an imposter among all their talent- as a kindergartner pretending in a college course. I suppose the courageous thing would be to return and try and learn. As part of the introductions, I sheepishly told the group that I am a novice and I have a blog. The facilitator asked me how to find my blog so I provided the address. A few days later I received an email saying he was not able to locate the blog. He had misunderstood me. Rather than Hope Harbor, he thought I said Hope Harder!

I like the title of Hope Harbor because hope is an anchor for our souls and a harbor is a place of safety and refuge...but now I really like the concept of "Hope Harder". Often their are disappointments in life. Instead of giving in to doubt and despair, I need to continue in hope. It is vital that my hope is secured in a firm foundation of truth.

I am reminded of this promise that hope does not disappoint.

Romans 5:4-5

Amplified Bible (AMP)
And endurance (fortitude) develops maturity of character (approved faith and tried integrity). And character [of this sort] produces [the habit of] joyful and confident hope of eternal salvation.
Such hope never disappoints or deludes or shames us, for God’s love has been poured out in our hearts through the Holy Spirit Who has been given to us.
 
I want to believe better and hope harder.
 
Here is a link to a hymn to inspire us to hope. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDFH4SLWfnc

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Tanner!

Tanner the Star

Ambassador