Homecoming


 Many of you know that I have been away from home for a month. I had kidney surgeries on October 2nd and 3rd. I was discharged from the hospital and then spent a few weeks in rehabilitation to recover strength. I finally came home last week.

 
It is nice to be home. I am more comfortable and functional in my own environment. And it is good to be closer to many of my dear friends.

 
As you can imagine, I am also delighted to be reunited with my cat Bridget and of course my beloved canine companion Tanner! I must admit I was a bit nervous about reconnecting with Tanner because I was not entirely certain he would remember me. Then there was the worry that if he did recall, would he be miffed that I had “abandoned” him for so long. I am happy to report that those fears were unfounded.

On the morning I was coming home, Tanner was brought to the Rehabilitation Institute so we could travel back to my house together. I was very eager to see him.

As I came around the corner... his temporary caregivers John and Kim were sipping coffee and Tanner was lying calmly between them - and then he spotted me. He started wiggling and in manners not very fitting for a “professional” service dog, but quite heart warming nonetheless, my large loveable Labrador, put his paws on my shoulders and lavished me with puppy kisses.

I am sure the reaction of any witnesses to that scene could have only been:

AWWWWW!!!!! So cute!!! I only wish there was a camera ready to capture that precious moment.

But here we are during a brief visit during my inpatient stay:

 
When we arrived home and he was released to run free in his very own yard, he could not contain his excitement. He rolled around in absolute glee. It was delightful to watch him.
 
I was also filled with joy upon returning home. I saw the many sweet cards and the bright WELCOME HOME banner the kids from my church made for me.

In addition, I was overwhelmed by the beautiful makeover my dear friends did for me in my bedroom. I love the new décor and I deeply appreciate all the hard work. ( I wish I had photos of the complete project to share, but at least I can show the new lovely blue wall color and warm carpeting.)



And this is my new dresser.

It definitely is wonderful to be home.
 
 

I am reminded of a song This is Home which expresses how good it is to be where "we belong". Here’s a link for you to enjoy it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cKNleDdUFY

 

 

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hi MaryBeth...It is Nancy Rejholec. I forgot my password. I love you bedroom! Glad you are home!
MaryBeth said…
Thanks Nancy. I know you appreciate how good it is to be back homw.
I wish you could see the complete project of my bedroom. Pat and Jon did an awesome job!
I am also grateful that Tanner was well cared for in both of his foster homes and Bridget too while she stayed at my house,
I am blessed with WONDERFUL friends!
Jeanie said…
I am glad you are feeling better. I don't think Tanner could ever forget you!
Jeanie Smith said…
Thanks for keeping me on your email list too.

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Tanner!

Tanner the Star

Ambassador