Waiting Room

Those of us who have had medical issues have spent quite a bit of time in waiting rooms. We wait to see the doctor. We wait for blood work to be drawn. We wait to have scans or Xrays. And then we wait for the results. I have often mused that perhaps there is a good reason we are called "patients".

I have a friend who has endured challenges that have caused her considerable pain and restricted mobility for a long time. She has also struggled with a stubborn wound in her foot that will not heal and has become infected repeatedly. After countless hours in waiting rooms and undergoing surgeries and other troublesome treatments, my friend has made the difficult decision to follow the advice of her physician and have a portion of her foot amputated in order to prevent further damage. Would a miraculous healing been welcome? Definitely. However, this dear woman sincerely told God "Not my will, but Yours be done." She is an excellent example of trusting in the integrity and loving character of God.

Sometimes God chooses to show His power through changing our circumstances in amazing ways. At other times He will receive glory through souls that worship even in the midst of great difficulty.

I recently heard a song entitled Waiting Room that conveys clearly how we can trust God when our prayers are answered differently than we would have chosen because He has "a much better purpose and a far greater plan" Here's a link if you would like to listen and be inspired by its message

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8Gxv9CRRVM&feature=related

My friend's noble example of facing her trial with grace and peace reminds me of the truth expressed in 2Corinthians 12 when the Apostle Paul sought relief from difficulty:

2 Corinthians 12:8-10 (Amplified Bible)

8Three times I called upon the Lord and besought [Him] about this and begged that it might depart from me;
9But He said to me, My grace (My favor and loving-kindness and mercy) is enough for you [sufficient against any danger and enables you to bear the trouble manfully]; for My strength and power are made perfect (fulfilled and completed) and [a]show themselves most effective in [your] weakness. Therefore, I will all the more gladly glory in my weaknesses and infirmities, that the strength and power of Christ (the Messiah) may rest (yes, may [b]pitch a tent over and dwell) upon me!
10So for the sake of Christ, I am well pleased and take pleasure in infirmities, insults, hardships, persecutions, perplexities and distresses; for when I am weak [[c]in human strength], then am I [truly] strong (able, powerful [d]in divine strength).

Comments

Nancy said…
Hi MaryBeth,
Did you hear the "Waiting Room" By Johnny Daiz last week on "This Is The Day" with Nancy Turner. Awesome Program. I sent her an e-maik that she read on the air the next morning. I will forward to you the e-mail. Blessings, Nancy
Faith said…
What a great song! Thanks for sharing!

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Tanner!

Tanner the Star

Ambassador