Remember

It's good to remember important dates and significant events in our lives.

This past week were a few valuable anniversaries that are meaningful to me.

 My mother was in my thoughts because it would have been her birthday. Even though this year marks the time when I have lived more years of my life without her than I had the privilege of enjoying her (She died when I was 27), I still miss her.

On a happier note, one of my brothers had a birthday yesterday

 This week was also the anniversary of when I met Tanner my beloved canine companion. In some ways it is hard to believe that it has already been two years that Tanner and I have been together, and on the other hand I can hardly imagine my life without that loveable service dog. In honor of my anniversary of being matched with Tanner and in celebration of the joy he brings to me I thought I'd share one of my favorite photos of him:
Isn't he handsome? ! 
.
As I've reflected on the importance of remembering what matters most, I was reminded of how God does not forget the promises He has made and He keeps the covenant with His people.

We too must remember His many blessings.

Psalm 111:3-5 (New International Version)

3 Glorious and majestic are his deeds,
and his righteousness endures forever.
4 He has caused his wonders to be remembered;
the LORD is gracious and compassionate.

Psalm 103:1-3 (King James Version)

1Bless the LORD, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name.
2Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits:
3Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases

Comments

Linda Hansen said…
Thanks for sharing MaryBeth. The verses you shared go along with a verse I've been trying to keep in memory today: "For You, O LORD, have made me glad by Your work; at the works of Your hands I sing for joy." (Ps. 92:4) Lots of love, Linda Hansen
Riverboat said…
Very nice picture of Tanner. He shows his character in his eyes...a faithful dog.
Pat

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Tanner!

Tanner the Star

Ambassador