Hope and comfort and in affliction

“Remember the word to Your servant, In which You have made me hope. This is my comfort in my affliction, That Your word has revived me.”

‭‭Psalms‬ ‭119:49-50‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬


https://bible.com/bible/100/psa.119.49-50.NASB1995 The word of God can bring hope and comfort especially during difficult times.

Five years ago I endured a life-threatening illness with a long hospitalization including many days in the intensive care unit. At one point while in the ICU I wondered if my time here on earth was coming to an end   I woke up one afternoon with a Bible verse clearly in my mind. “ My heart and my flesh will fail, butGod is the strength of my heart…” I asked God if I could please not be “done “because I felt as though there is still more for me to do. And here I am today still grateful for God’s steadfast promises that do indeed bring hope and comfort.


“My flesh and my heart may fail, But God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.”

‭‭Psalms‬ ‭73:26‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬


https://bible.com/bible/100/psa.73.26.NASB1995


Comments

Anonymous said…
It was such a trial and God's plan was to restore you. I'm glad you're here.

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Tanner!

Tanner the Star

Ambassador