PRAYer PRAISE

This week I began a series of blog posts on the topic of prayer. I proposed an acrostic that might be helpful as we focus on components of our communication with God:
P - Praise
R - Repent
A - Ask
Y - Yearning

In this and upcoming posts, I will address specific elements of the process of prayer. Today I will begin to consider praise. I have an acrostic for this important element of connecting with God. In fact, I chose two words for each letter:

P - Purposeful and Proclamation
R - Recollection and Rejoicing
A - Action amd Attitude
I - Individualized and Inspiring
S - Sincere and Sacrificial
Excellent and Enthusiastic

Praise and worship usher us into the presence of God.


Psalm 100:4 New International Version (NIV)


Enter his gates with thanksgiving
    and his courts with praise;
    give thanks to him and praise his name.
v

Psalm 22:3 New International Version (NIV)


Yet you are enthroned as the Holy One;
    you are the one Israel praises.[a]

It is always appropriate to praise.

1 Timothy 2:8 New International Version (NIV)

Therefore I want the men everywhere to pray, lifting up holy hands without anger or disputing.


God is worthy of our praise.

Psalm 107 

Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good;
    his love endures forever.
Here is a link to a worship song by Chris Tomlin that encourages us to praise God forever.

Click here fore Bible verses on praise:




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Tanner!

Tanner the Star

Ambassador