PRAYer PRAISE

This week I began a series of blog posts on the topic of prayer. I proposed an acrostic that might be helpful as we focus on components of our communication with God:
P - Praise
R - Repent
A - Ask
Y - Yearning

In this and upcoming posts, I will address specific elements of the process of prayer. Today I will begin to consider praise. I have an acrostic for this important element of connecting with God. In fact, I chose two words for each letter:

P - Purposeful and Proclamation
R - Recollection and Rejoicing
A - Action amd Attitude
I - Individualized and Inspiring
S - Sincere and Sacrificial
E  Excellent and Enthusiastic

Praise and worship usher us into the presence of God.


Psalm 100:4 New International Version (NIV)


4 Enter his gates with thanksgiving
    and his courts with praise;
    give thanks to him and praise his name.
v

Psalm 22:3 New International Version (NIV)


3 Yet you are enthroned as the Holy One;
    you are the one Israel praises.[a]

It is always appropriate to praise.

1 Timothy 2:8 New International Version (NIV)

8 Therefore I want the men everywhere to pray, lifting up holy hands without anger or disputing.


God is worthy of our praise.

Psalm 107 1 

Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good;
    his love endures forever.
Here is a link to a worship song by Chris Tomlin that encourages us to praise God forever.

Click here fore Bible verses on praise:




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love Listens

The Irritability of Insecurity

Happy Birthday Tanner!