Who Am I?

Ephesians 1:4-5 (Amplified Bible)
4Even as [in His love] He chose us [actually picked us out for Himself as His own] in Christ before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy (consecrated and set apart for Him) and blameless in His sight, even above reproach, before Him in love.
5For He foreordained us (destined us, planned in love for us) to be adopted (revealed) as His own children through Jesus Christ, in accordance with the purpose of His will [because it pleased Him and was His kind intent]--
Adoption is a wonderful thing. Because of love children become part of a family. I have friends who have adopted a precious son from Ethiopia. I also have 2 nephews who are adopted. These boys in the natural have nothing in common with their parents. The color of their skin is different. Their genetic make-up is completely distinct from their Mom and Dad and their siblings. Despite the lack of biological connection, adopted children definitely belong in their families. This is true because they have been chosen and loved.
What an amazing blessing it is to realize that, even though in our natural self we are nothing like our heavenly Father, He chose us “[actually picked us out for Himself as His own]”
I suppose it is common for most of us at some point in life to struggle with a crisis of identity. I remember that during a particularly difficult season in my life, I felt unsettled and insecure. I wrestled with a sense that I did not even know who I am. An incident had a profound impact on me. Once in deep emotional pain, I cried “I don’t know who I am!” At that moment, the song “Who Am I?” began to play. What a balm it was to my soul as the answer came… I am Yours.
I share the song with you here (Click on the title of this blog post) with the hope that you will find great comfort in the reality that God has chosen us and we belong to Him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Tanner!

Tanner the Star

Ambassador